• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.6 v2 Keeps asking to Register.. Help!

waximoff

Hello,
In a bit of a panic today because my Flexi won't open up and of course I have stuff due today.. ugghhh!

I have Flexi 8.6 v2. Everyday when I turn on my comp and open Flexi for the first time, the product registration box pops up asking me to register my software. I finally taped my registration number onto my monitor for ease of access, ha! So today, the box comes up as usual and I enter my info. There are 2 flashes of little blue boxes in the lower right corner of my screen and then the registration box comes back up!!

There were no updates made to my OS (windows 7), or to my firewall (avast internet security). I went and checked permissions and all was good for the SAI products.

Does anybody have any ideas what to do?

Dakotagrafx

Hello,
In a bit of a panic today because my Flexi won't open up and of course I have stuff due today.. ugghhh!

I have Flexi 8.6 v2. Everyday when I turn on my comp and open Flexi for the first time, the product registration box pops up asking me to register my software. I finally taped my registration number onto my monitor for ease of access, ha! So today, the box comes up as usual and I enter my info. There are 2 flashes of little blue boxes in the lower right corner of my screen and then the registration box comes back up!!

There were no updates made to my OS (windows 7), or to my firewall (avast internet security). I went and checked permissions and all was good for the SAI products.

Does anybody have any ideas what to do?
Have never had an issue as long as the dongle in in the computer - try a differnt usb port for the dongle maybe

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm betting he has the electronic license and not the dongle. Same as ours.... Ran into issues the last time I reinstalled. There were a couple of issues. There was some service that did not setup right so every time we rebooted the machine it was unregistered again. Then a security / permissions issue on the install folder in that the license service could not save the registration info.

waximoff

Thanks for the responses, I ended up going home before I had a chance to respond. Sightline is correct Dakota, I do not have a dongle anymore. i actually had a similar problem when i first installed this on the computer i am using now. Somebody from SAi ended up helping me from this site, can't remember who it was though :( They took control of my comp through a remote desktop and clicked around to fix it..

waximoff

Fantastic! (is there a sarcasm font i can use?) I just entered a tech support ticket at the thinksai.com support forum. They said someone will contact me within 48 hours! Glad they're rushing! haha

mark galoob

i thought you had to have a dongle to run flexi...when did electronic version happen...

ps i just love the word "dongle"...lol

mark galoob

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Has SAi gotten a hold of you yet? It is normally an easy fix but it would take a lot to type out on here. Give me a call and I should be able to get you up and running.

waximoff

Chris, thanks for the offer to help. I just wanted to follow up on here incase someone else has this problem. I did some research on web and found a thread in SAi support forums. It ended up being a problem with the file "SAiLicSrv.exe". My Avast had quarantined the file for some reason after the antivirus updated itself. "SAiLicSrv.exe" is a service that needs to be running on your pc to connect with the SAi servers. Even though I had restored the file out of my virus chest, the service would still not run even after I had disabled Avast.

So on Mon, I received an email from SAi support and told me to call them. We ended up doing a remote setup so the tech could try and fix it. He did exactly what I had been trying to do. Long story short, We had to reinstall Flexi. I no longer am using Avast and Flexi opens up, even though it still asks me to register every time I open it.

Hope this helps someone and thanks to you guys for your help.