• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.6v2 + Summa D60SE Issue

turbotoys

Im running vista 64 and I cannot get flexi to communicate with the summa plotter. Whenever I send the vector from flexi to the production manager it crashes production manager. If i try to add the job from within production manager it just sits there and does nothing and then crashes production manager. I just bought this flexi a month or two ago and the only reason i bought it was so i could use my plotter from within vist 64 being summa dosent support it yet.

Has anyone else had this same issue??

Steve Rife

Hello turbotoys...
Even though I have not experienced your exact setup I have experienced issues with customers attempting to connect to their output devices with Vista 64bit OSs. Even though the Flexi 8.6v2 software package is Vista compatible and has a listing for your Summa, it still utilizes the manufacturer's driver to communicate to the cutter.

When did Summa state they would release a Vista 64bit driver for your output device? I would contact them to see if they may have one in beta that you will be willing to test in a production environment :). If they have no intention of updating the driver, you may have to downgrade your OS to at least Vista 32bit or lower based on their last release.

Steven Rife
Beacon Graphics
www.beacongraphics.com