• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8 PM problem?

_SAi_

Hello,

We have FlexiPro 8.1v1 and are having an issue with connecting to the Production Manager. Actually the problem is that when we go to cut a file to a network PM, the computer that is sending the file actually gets disconnected from our network... except for the PM computer and any non Windows XP Pro computers. This lock-out lasts for about an hour or so until the offending port or whatever has reset itself.

We tried rebooting the locked-out computer and also the PM computer (seperately and both at the same time) without the problem correcting itself.

I have also found that if a Windows XP Pro computer is turned off while this lock-out occurs, the WinXP computer can be accessed by the sending computer even though it cannot connect to any other computer (except non- WinXP).

Anyone have any ideas or experiences similar to this?

Thanks.

_SAi_

Windows Firewall is OFF
Check Boxes Under Preferences:
- Print While RIPing = NOT Checked
- Compress RIP Result = CHECKED
- Allow Remote Send Now / Interactive = CHECKED
- Automatic Tile Flip = NOT Checked

We just got ourselves a new printer and 3 FlexiPro 8s. When the tech came to install the printer, he got Flexi and PM running but said we needed the RPC service running. I thought that might be the problem and tried disabling it but that didn't help at all. Is RPC required?

We have 2 PMs running on two computers and a third design station. One of the PMs has the printer and a large plotter, while the other PM has a Gerber plotter and an EDGE.

When we try to connect to the PM with the printer and large plotter through the network we become locked out of the network except for the computer with that PM running. When we try to connect to the other PM we cannot see it. IT also has the same boxes checked/unchecked as I mentioned above.

mbarden

Static or DHCP Ip numbers on the PC's in the network?
All on the same subnet? ie: 192.126.1.10, 192.168.1.11, and so on.
MB

mbarden

IS your printer shared off of the PC that is doing the ripping? I have mine setup using the network adapter. Have not had any problems.

_SAi_

Yes, the printer is hooked up directly to the ripping computer via USB 2.0. I believe this is the only way to connect it.