• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8 polling Problem

2000XPSD

upgraded to Flexi 8 on a new Win7 build and have had nothing but problems with Production Manager. Sometimes when i go to cut it opens fine and everything works...but then if i hit "done" and then hit "cut" again to go back in it asks all the setup stuff. Then once i get back in the Polling button won't work and it crashes PM...if i don't hit the Polling button i can still cut but i have to make sure the sizes are right, which sucks kind of.
I know people have had problems with 8 and win7...any ideas with this problem or any fixes out there?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
What version of 8 do you have? Is it 8.0 thru 8.1 or 8.5 thru 8.6? 8.0 thru 8.1 is not Windows 7 compatible but people gotten it to work by right clicking on the shortcut and going to properties, compatibility tab and running it in Windows XP mode and also having it run as an administrator. You will have to do this for both Flexi and Production Manager. If that doesn't work then you will have to upgrade to version 10.

CS-SignSupply

+1 GRS

Another time that 'OS not supported, but "working" so why do I need to upgrade'... It is nearly impossible to troubleshoot a product that is running on an unsupported OS.

95% of the program may work without a glitch but that 5% may stop you in your tracks at times.

Not bashing you 2000XPSD... this subject has been visited many times here.

2000XPSD

i have 8.1v1...i think i did the right click for flexi but not PM. i'll give it a try. thanks

i think it's ridiculous to be forced into an upgrade...win7 and 8 were released pretty close to one another, a patch would of worked fine. I never seen software release major versions so close together...total rip

CS-SignSupply

Forced into upgrade I don't completely agree. If one is upgrading their OS, or computer system, and then finding that the older software is not working with it to 100% compatibility while the Computer requirements are clearly stated by the manufacturer, why is the manufacturer at fault?

Nature of the entire software industry. Costs are different based on business model/demand/etc.

Which cutter are you using? Sometimes the USB Driver supplied is the culpret.

2000XPSD

summa d50 on that machine for now.
still haven't brought the sp-300v over yet. didn't want to until i got use to flex 8 and hammered all the bugs out. it's running fine on another machine(xp) so the theory was to start using the new cpu with the easiest/simple machine and then bring the other one over. only problem i've had so far is the PM getting flaky, 8 has been pretty good other than that...different,but good
i know upgrading is probably the answer...just can't bring myself to lay out another $800 right now for such a small problem