• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8 starter serial to USB problem

Greece740IL

Hi- Ok here is my problem, I just bought Flexi 8 starter edition and installed it on my PC running windows XP. Flexi itself works fine, but I am trying to cut through the serial port on my Master cutter to a USB port on the PC. When I do this I get the message in the production manager "Cutting 0%" and nothing happens for about 5 min or so. I then get the message "write port error" and nothing happens.

Anyone know what my problem may be besides using the starter edition and a Master cutter ;)????

Please help I am soo stuck!!!!

OneUpTenn

I had a similiar problem with my printer it kept saying printing 0% and I fooled with it for hours and ended up calling tech support on Monday morning only to hear the words "unplug it" and sadly enough it worked. Apparantly if you send multiple jobs and do not end them correctly they get hung up in the plotter/printer memory and the only way to fix it is to unplug it.

Oh and you cant just unplug it from the wall..you have to unplug the electric from the plotter as well.

One more thing, keep it unplugged for a good minute.

I tried unplugging mine before I talked to tech support but I didnt follow the above procedures.

I hope this helps you.

Greece740IL

Thank you Oneuptenn, I tried that and it did not work for me. I still get the same error message.

Replicator- that was very prolific of you Thanks!

gpzjack

I have a master cutter...did you get the usb cable from desay? Usually the ones from staples etc don't work. If not is sounds like you may have your port setting wrong and need to go into the device manager and change it.