• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8 Upgrade ? ? ?

Replicator

Thanks RJ . . .

Any Problems or Bugs you've Experienced,

and did you get a NEW dongle or did the software work with the old one ?

PMG

True dat...but your still $580 under the Manufactures Retail price according to the link provided by FlexiEzine!!!Maybe Booby Fosson can help you out!!

RJ California

It was a good, stable upgrade, though not one with major additions.
The RIP is much faster, color output seems better and a few extra little doodads. I think I did get a new dongle, which sent a kill message to the old dongle.
I purchased my upgrade through Denco Sales.

RJ California

I also had purchased some new equipment at the same time as my upgrade -- I'm not sure if I got any additional discounts because of that.

Replicator

Thanks again for the great info RJ, but I guess I'll never get the great price

you got . . . because of a bad experience . . .

I will never speak to or buy another product from Denco again . . . EVER !

Flame

I got the upgrade.... I found it uterally worthless. Didn't get anything special IMO, and it screwed up all my profiles! I was ****ed, and once installed, you can't go back to 7.6 !!!

Flexi's upgrade made me hate them even more...

Replicator

Thanks Flame, that makes me consider my thought to upgrade as my current version works perfectly,

and as the old adage goes -

If it ain't broke . . . Don't fix it !

Flame

Thanks Flame, that makes me consider my thought to upgrade as my current version works perfectly,

and as the old adage goes -

If it ain't broke . . . Don't fix it !

Exactly!

My biggest problem with it was that even while using the EXACT same profiles, my colors came out differently. Like Pantone 215 wasn't the same Pantone 215.... it was a little off in shade. And if you have any customers you've spent time in getting their colors JUST RIGHT.... well, you have to start over again. That's what I had to do and I was TICKED OFF... spent an entire day just messing with colors.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Excellent adage.

Geary

. . because of a bad experience . . .

I will never speak to or buy another product from Denco again . . . EVER !

I said the exact same words once about 10 years ago over a "billing/material issue". But I came running back to 'em anyhow down here. Good people who keep their word....run this office. :wink:

RJ California

That's right Geary. I think we've all had distributor issues at one time or another. Mike, Todd and Andrea run a good shop down here though.

Geary

Yes RJ....those are some very nice folk...oh...and don't forget my Hanford bud Clint. He even brought a roll of vinyl by my house one Friday night after he got off work in Fresno. He doesn't normally do that, but, he knew that I needed it really bad for a Saturday gig. :wink:

~Gear