• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi 8

WOODBS

has anyone ever had the (not responding) message come up.? it is happening sometimes and the only way to stop it is to cntrll/alt/delete...losing everything that was not saved. sometimes if i wait long enough it will goaway, but ususally not.thanks b

high impact

Make sure you save often enough and what are you doing when this happens?

You can actually set up the default in Flexi to save every "so many minutes".

ChicagoGraphics

I was just having that same problem with Flexi pro last week, make sure your inside of your cpu is clean and free of dirt & dust. It's not a ram issue, that I know I have 6 gigs in mine

grafxxx

that happens alot so the best thing is like...goof ball.. said save your work it usally happens a lot when i am using the pen tool or cleaning up artwork curves. but there is a auto save function you can you use in flexi but i would save or learn the hard way of working on a project for about 5 hours then it crashes.....

thewood

I wouldn't use AutoSave, personally. I've seen major problems with accidentally saving things you didn't want.

Gordy Saunders

Mine Flexi Pro does it all the time too. It started doing it to me right after my son went on the net and downloaded a bunch of crap. He used my e-mail address and I started recieving about 100 e-mails a day of spam. Had to change my e-mail address but I haven't figured out how to correct or clean up the crashes. I think something has been corrupted.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Yep, upgrading the ram and video card will definitely help. Some Eye Candy filters will also cause Flexi to lock or crash.

D

DARLAK

I wouldn't use AutoSave, personally. I've seen major problems with accidentally saving things you didn't want.

i agree with that.

i have 4gigs , how much do i need?

if your running XP, that is all it will use anyway, don't bother getting anymore, check how many programs you have running in the background, and check for spyware.

I wipe my HD every 10 months just to get a clean start. Windows is a crap program that cannot keep itself outta trouble. if there are programs you don't use get rid of them. 9.5 outta 10 people have virus software, that is a big drag on flexi, I have two systems side by side, one AMD 6000 with 4 raptors HD's on RAID 0 with all the protection and one AMD 4600 - single HD, with no protection and just flexi runnning on it. the second performs well against the first because it is free of all the BS....

WOODBS

yeah, i guess i need to get a separate deal like that, i have aol and everything on this one computer, i do have an external drive tho