• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
It wouldn't be hard for them to accomplish. Then one has to examine popularity of dedicated 3rd party RIP applications like Onyx PosterShop Pro and vinyl cutting plug-ins like CoCut that graft into the mainstream drawing programs.

I think Flexi and applications like it have their place in the sign industry. But the companies selling those applications are going to have to do a lot more to make a compelling enough case for people to buy.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Bobby H said:
Save as CMYK TIFF might be nice. But I can do that EASY in Photoshop.
Lots of thing can be done easier in Photoshop, Illustrator or similar programs. They all have advantages and disadvantages. Sign software is a mixed bag of them all but if I have a detailed logo with masks, simulated gold leaf fills & gradients, it would be nice to save as a cmyk tiff. There is a nice market out there for sign companies selling offset printing. Business cards, postcards, brochures need to be converted to cmyk files for this. It would be a nice option in Flexi and eliminate the additional steps of saving as a eps file then opening and converting it in Illustrator or Photoshop.

I looked at the new features in Flexi 8 and didn't see anything enticing me to upgrade. The only worthwhile addition looks to be support for 64-bit windows XP but I doubt many users need that right now.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
On 64-bit, I'm not going to even begin to care about that until all the mainstream applications from Adobe, Corel and others are compiled to take advantage of it.

Currently WinXP Pro x64 Edition only gives graphics people a lot more trouble with all the applications and devices it breaks and next to no benefit at all. We were offered the 64-bit version of Windows for a new system we built and I refused it, opting for the standard XP Pro SP2 32-bit version that actually works.

Cadmn

I expect software to be released with bugs, winblows has done it since day ONE.
why would any other company digress to a higher standard