Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi adding points to an .scv file??

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by redline graphics, Oct 2, 2019.

1. redline graphics

redline graphics Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Winnipeg
    I have the subscription to flexi. But now when i open/import a file from my previous software (casmate) it adds 100's of points!!! Making plotting almost impossible. Not sure why. But now have to spend lots of time cleaning up every file!!! Any thoughts???

Tags:
  2. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Which version of Flexi are you using? It's not often that I have to open old CASmate SCV files from the 1990's, but they usually open alright. We're not running the latest version of Flexi though. The most common hiccup I encounter is missing fonts or slight kerning oddities with SCV files built using old SCF fonts. They don't always translate 100% perfect when updated to the TTF versions of those fonts from the Flexi 2000 fonts disc.

3. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Not all vector software uses the same system for mathematically defining curves, so added points are often a result of converting between different vector formats.