• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and Corel question

tomence

Ok guys here is the deal, i need to design chisel font design and i am using signfonts trucking font. When i design in Flexi these fonts don't line up properly but when i do the same thing in Corel they line up as they should. Now my question is if i design in Corel in what file format is the best to save the file and then import it in Flexi but i want to be able to ungroup the chisel font from the original and change the colors in Flexi as well and then rip and print from flexi.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Export from corel as an ai file - the older formats work without drama.
I do vector work in corel and pass to flexi via ai version 3.

wayne k
guam usa

tshirtgrafx

just a thought...

You can export as a EPS file and import it to flexi, ungroup it, and make any necessary changes. if you have anymore questions that i may be able to answer call me at 2017053405.

tshirtgrafx Neg.

Steve C.

Hey tomence, Check the faq's on my website. It explains how to solve this
problem by making a few adjustments in flexi.

tomence

Hey tomence, Check the faq's on my website. It explains how to solve this
problem by making a few adjustments in flexi.

Now we are talking business. Thanks a lot Steve I never thought of checking the FAQ section of your website. I was sick and tired of designing in Corel then saving as whatever file format then importing and ungrouping and changing colors. Now it works perfect.

OneUpTenn

Okay I just have to pipe in here.

After many hours yesterday, trying to figure out the best way to get from Corel to Flexi...this is what I came up with...

If you are cutting alone, export it as an .eps file and I have yet to have a problem with this method.

If you are printing....totally different ball game here. I have a PrismJet and Flexi 8.5 for what its worth.

I have tried dozens of different methods. If you import as .eps any special things like drop shadows, gradients etc are just plain poop. I find that designing in Corel is much easier than designing in Flexi, otherwise I would just skip the whole Corel thing all together.

Large print files (at least for me) can not be exported from Flexi as .ai files. The file size for some reason is just HUGE and it just freezes up the computer and yadda yadda.

Yesterday I exported it as a .psd file and OMG, the result was amazing. It took less than 10 seconds to export a 40 x 36 full color file and when I sent it to the printer, everything was beautiful. The colors were so much more vivid and the detail in the photographs were unreal...look like HDTV.

I would never have thought the "file type" would be such an important factor, but it is.

Oh and the drop shadows and gradients were perfect.

Just thought I would share.