• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi and .eps file.....grrrrrrrrr

Flubber

is anyone good with flexi? if so, i have a file .eps that a customer gave me and when brought into flexi in the text portion there are lines everywhere in the text. i uncompound them and it looks good on screen but when printed the text has wierd shapes and see through holes randomly placed in the text....any ideas?

Attachments

• 2011-07-27_15-04-30_62.jpg
    2011-07-27_15-04-30_62.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 57

mikey-Oh

Is the text in outlines before bringing it to flexi?
Also check the file in outlines before production.
You'll probably see the holes there.

gabagoo

I had this just today. This is designer bull ^%$% You have to get rid of the outline and convert it to a stroke, but even then in Flexi you may still have those overlaps.
Might have to uncompound after converting to outline and then manually remove them.

I have no idea why it happens but it is often only from Illustrator and rare so I can only assume it is a designer error.

Baz

When i do a print (i use Flexi), there are a couple of things i always do and that's rasterize gradients and convert all strokes to outlines. Plus whenever i open a file and Flexi asks me if i want to close open shapes i always chose yes.

Flubber

I had this just today. This is designer bull ^%$% .......
I have no idea why it happens but it is often only from Illustrator and rare so I can only assume it is a designer error.

We have got files from this guy many of times and this is the first time this has happend... "with him that is" before i just messed around with it till i fixed it but guess what......i forgot how i did it...:banghead: i will check again when back at shop if i can pull this same element out of another file that i know prints good....jus another mid week headaches..
..:covereyes:

gabagoo

We have got files from this guy many of times and this is the first time this has happend... "with him that is" before i just messed around with it till i fixed it but guess what......i forgot how i did it...:banghead: i will check again when back at shop if i can pull this same element out of another file that i know prints good....jus another mid week headaches..
..:covereyes:
the problem is that many times they are small and not noticeable on the screen until you print...uggg

SignaramaFL

I've had this happen before, I just kindly asked the designer to please re-save and re-send that normally cleans it up... not sure if it didn't properly save all the way or what.

Also make sure its in outlines too ^.^

Drip Dry

Based on what you showed in the attachment, it looks like there are some extra objects imbedded in the text. I usually first make sure it's outlines by doing a "convert to outlines" as well as "convert strokes to outlines". ( you may have to ungroup all but (I think this happens when you convert to outlines) I then select everything and do an "uncompound all"

Next, go to wireframe mode and select everything again. You should be able to see all the objects... including the ones you don't want. You should be able to select the objects you don't want and delete them.