• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and IProfiler + i1pro2 when building profiles...

CarNate69

Which parts do you use Flexi for and which parts do you guys use iprofiler (or profile maker 5) for when building a custom profile? We've been told to link these 2 pieces of software together with importing different aspects into flexi when building a profile, curious which steps are more important to import to get the best results. I know that iprofiler can do it all, but curious of which steps you're taking.

We generally use Flexi for the whole profile process, but are looking for better results.

i1Profiler is an ICC-profile creation tool. It can be used for building monitor, projector, printer, and scanner (device) ICC profiles.

In a RIP-based workflow, there are a series of decisions that occur before the ICC is created. These steps are generally performed in the RIP (SAi in this case) and not the ICC profiling package (i1Profiler or ProfileMaker for example).

CarNate69

Correct, we're looking for a little more detail..sorry..just curious what others do with multi ink limits (Never saw this step in Iprofiler from the how-tos) (leave them at 100% in Flexi and skip to the next step?) and other steps in Flexi that programs like iprofiler won't import.

Before this setup arrives, we simply wanted to see if our workflow matched up with others, based on our otherwise very thorough research on making better profiles.