• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and PDF's

psbc2009

My Flexi is 7.7v1. When opening PDF's created in corel x5 the color shifts. This was kicking my butt and causing major irritation! If I open a PDF with acrobat that was created by corel and save it as a jpg the values remain as intended in Flexi.
If I open the PDF in Flexi the CMYK values change = wrong color. Any ideas what is gong on here? Hopefully this is not a dumb question. Thanks!

Steph_Stamm

You are not going crazy. This is something Flexi has struggled with in the past. I'm not sure of any immediate solutions with your current software, but I wanted to pop in to say that in Flexi 10 we've fixed that. Now you can link a PDF so that the colors remain as created, while you can still add text and objects, etc.

zmatalucci

flexi is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE WITH PDF'S...
Steer clear of flexi when trying to utilize customer supplied .pdf's.
Better yet, switch to adobe illustrator. Far better program, less than a third the cost of flexi.

jc_0125

Creative Director
bringing this thread back to life..
running Flexi8.6v2 & coming across the same issue. anyone resolve this issue?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
bringing this thread back to life..
running Flexi8.6v2 & coming across the same issue. anyone resolve this issue?

I too think Flexi is horrible at PDFs. Half the time it won't open them or totally fucks up the file. I've been getting into illustrator and so far it opens them flawlessly. I've opened in illustrator and from there I can manipulate the file to where Flexi can handle it.

jc_0125

Creative Director
I too think Flexi is horrible at PDFs. Half the time it won't open them or totally ****s up the file. I've been getting into illustrator and so far it opens them flawlessly. I've opened in illustrator and from there I can manipulate the file to where Flexi can handle it.

That's what i usually do too, or i import into photoshop & save at 300dpi. Then I use that PSD file in Flexi directly.

gabagoo

Mine actually changes the fonts with no warning..I have been burnt in the past. I convert everything to bitmaps which is not the way I like to print.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Any version of Flexi before version 10 will struggle with PDFs. After version 10 they specifically addressed a lot of the issues.