• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and usb won't run - summa

2000XPSD

been running flexi v7.0.1 and project manager. v7.0.1 thru a serial port for the longest time no prob. old machine finally dies :(
i build a new machine with win7 pro. i installed the summa usb driver from the summa website. i run flexi and pro man. in xp compatible mode no prob. the problem is when i go to "add setup" in project man. there is no usb selection....just comms, lpts, tcip, etc...how the hell do you get the usb to work???

2000XPSD

oh an it's win7 x64...program runs fine tho, just no usb choice.

been reading too and i see a lot of compatibility probs with win7...every says upgrade to v10. that would be great if i had to blow and i'm happy with v7

SAS

I had this same problem with Flexi 7.5 and my Summa. It has been a while, I don't remember how to do it, but I called Summa and they walked me through it.

2000XPSD

i called my friend and he said his production mang. v8.1 has a summa usb option....hmmm. wonder if i can scab in v8.1 somehow

been running flexi v7.0.1 and project manager. v7.0.1 thru a serial port for the longest time no prob. old machine finally dies :(
i build a new machine with win7 pro. i installed the summa usb driver from the summa website. i run flexi and pro man. in xp compatible mode no prob. the problem is when i go to "add setup" in project man. there is no usb selection....just comms, lpts, tcip, etc...how the hell do you get the usb to work???
When my old computer finally died and had to buy a new one they installed something to make it run like Professional XP. That was done at Best Buy. I don't know if that is your problem but it gives you something to check.

2000XPSD

New into this site, but best buy installed something to make my new computer run like XP Professional. Flexi will not run on Windows 7

not true but also true...i have flexi running fine on win7. it's not some crappie best buy computer, i built it and put win7 PRO on it. Pro is the secret, pro allows you to run as xp. you have to have pro or premium versions to have the xp addon. home versions, which 90% of store bought cpu's probably have on it, will not work

visual800

If Im not mistaken gointo your device manager and where ever the usb is plugged in will describe what comm it is and THEN go back into production setup and choose it. That the way it was on my old vinyl express

WildWestDesigns

not true but also true...i have flexi running fine on win7. it's not some crappie best buy computer, i built it and put win7 PRO on it. Pro is the secret, pro allows you to run as xp. you have to have pro or premium versions to have the xp addon. home versions, which 90% of store bought cpu's probably have on it, will not work

Yes and no. You have XP compatibility mode that will run on any of the current Windows OS and then for pro you have the ability to run a virtual XP OS. I have yet to find the need to actually run the virtual drive, all the problems that I have encountered have been able to be fixed with the XP compatibility mode, however, having said that I don't work in Flexi either.

S11930

i agree go to device manager look for the comport where the usb lives, go to production manager and select that comport. Its the same way when you have gerber and other devices that use serial ports and convert them to usb.