• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and widescreen LCD

2000XPSD

i've been using 7.1 on a widescreen monitor and i can only use half the monitor. Let's say i make a circle and it's on the left side of the screen...the path is perfectly round...as i scroll the circle over to the right side of the screen the path then becomes distorted, only visual tho...it still remains a circle path-wise.
i've messed around with settings and reset prefs...still haven't found a cure yet. anyone run into this or know if flexi supports widescreen?

Pat Whatley

We're running Flexi7 on widescreen monitors with no trouble.

I agree, sounds like a video card or driver problems. Have you checked for drivers specifically for your monitor?

CheapVehicleWrap

I have 8.6V2 spread across 3 24" widescreen monitors and a 21"cintique or a 100" HD projector depending on my mood. Not a problem at all.

2000XPSD

Are you using multiple monitors? If so are they the same size?

yes and no....using 3 monitors off of 2 video cards. using 21.5" a 19" and a 24" monitors. The 21 and the 24 are running on a nvidia geforce mx420...flexi still does it on either monitor on either port.

choucove

I would have to believe that the video card just doesn't have enough graphics capability to handle running the multiple monitors and the design work being done. Perhaps drivers could be an issue here, but that is a decently aged graphics card running in AGP 8X graphics.

American & Proud

I have noticed the same thing in 8.6 v2 with update.

Even the Circle icon for the tool looks to be a slight oval.

I tried holding the control and shift keys as I make a circle but always looks slightly oval on screen.

Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz
2 gigs of Ram
Nvidia Ge Force 6800 GS
Dual 24" LCD wide monitors
Screen Res. 1280X1024

I had this same problem with my comuter. The screen that I used Flexi on was the larger of the three monitors I was using. I had to make that monitor the default monitor to fix the problem. Check you setting and make sure that your design monitor is #1. This may fix your problem.

LittleSnakey

Easy problem to fix can't believe no-one knew the answer.

You need to change the size of the desktop for the wide screen to one that fits ie. 1600x1200.

You are using a size that is designed for a square monitor not the widescreen.

choucove

Easy problem to fix can't believe no-one knew the answer.

You need to change the size of the desktop for the wide screen to one that fits ie. 1600x1200.

You are using a size that is designed for a square monitor not the widescreen.

When I first read the introductory message it seemed that this was not the issue, but after re-reading again I am getting the impression that this is indeed your problem. If you have a widescreen monitor it MUST be set up using a widescreen format resolution. The resolution you want to use will depend upon the aspect ratio of your widescreen monitor, either 16:10 or 16:9

2000XPSD

sorry for the late reply...
i'm using 1920x1080 and ultramon for multi-screen software btw
looks like running flexi on the primary monitor works...as long as i set the monitor that i'm using to "primary" in ultramon flexi then seems to be ok.
thanks finishline, that seems to be the winner so far

Border

I just had a similar issue when I added a 22 inch monitor, and I tried every resolution setting with no luck. One was too wide, the other was too narrow. Another would make all my text very hard read. I finally went out and downloaded an updated driver which had MORE resolution ratios to choose from and I finally found the one that worked.

Fot a couple of hours there, I was thinking I may have to become a certified oval designer because I could not make a perfect circle to save my life!