Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Grafix USA, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Grafix USA

Grafix USA Member

Apr 7, 2008
    I'm having issues trying to get my printer driver in Windows 7 for my Mutoh printer. SW says they don't support W7, so I either have to figure this out on my own or go back to XP.

I searched and couldn't find the answer here, so hopefully someone has figured it out.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Grafix USA

Grafix USA Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Well it took several hours of trial and error, but I finally got it working correctly. Looks like the big difference is the ip address was off a little. The ip address to use in Windows 7 is 172.018.003.101, not .100 as in directions for Windows Vista. Getting to manually create a network connection in W7 is a little tricky, like they are trying to hide it from everyone. It wants to do everything automatically.

3. LenXIII

LenXIII Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Tampa Area, FL
    I have a question here. I have windows 7 and the flexi mutoh edition rip software. I was able to get it installed on windows 7, but cannot start it because there are no windows 7 drivers for my USB KEY required to run the software. What a joke?

Anyone know how to fix this??

4. LizardWraps

LizardWraps Member

Mar 26, 2008
    spoke to sai the other day If you have the newest version of Flexi-Pro it won't work on windows 7 in 64 bit only 32bit application.. xp or vista in 64 bit.. I called them back to speak to another tech and the comfirmed it!! How do You Buy a new computer without windows 7.. They are all 64BIT.. Having a custom computer built anyway... Thought I would pass it along..

5. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Just to clear up any misinformation in this thread :

1. I have had versions back to Flexi 7.6v2 working on Windows 7 32-bit.

2. All computers off the shelf come with windows 7 32-bit . . . NOT 64-bit.

3. The newest Flexi 8.6v2 works on Windows 7 64-bit OS, but installs under the 32-bit Program Files, and runs as a 32-bit app.

6. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

I assume you have a SafeNet Sentinel hardware key... if so you can download the new drivers HERE

7. LizardWraps

LizardWraps Member

Mar 26, 2008
    all of the off the shelf computers windows 7 are 64 bit... Iv'e been checking.. I checked with sai again and asked about what you posted and they said no to load flexi 8.5v2 into vist 64bit.. Even the way you recomended???? what next??

8. cgsigns_jamie

I've been running Flexi in a 64bit operating system since version 8.0.

Back then they claimed Flexi was a 64bit application and I invested in a 64bit workstation. They weren't much help when I called to ask why their 64bit program was running in 32bit mode on my computers... turns out they were supposed to market the program as 64bit COMPATIBLE, it's still a 32bit program.

That being said it runs fine in a 64bit version of Windows. I've run Flexi in XP x64, Vista 64bit, and now Win7 64bit with ZERO issues. It will work, I promise.

9. Victorian Signs

Victorian Signs Member

Dec 30, 2008
    555 Rolling Ridge Dr.
    Flexi 8.6v1 PC -vs- Vista 64 Bit -vs Windows 7

I presently have a SignBurst SuperNova from Casey, 64 bit processor, have FlexiSign Pro 8.1v1 & 8.6v1, will either run on vista program, or should I get Window 7 new program, also will Rolands Versa Works run on either program, really appericate all your help upfront...........thanks:thankyou:

10. Sabre

Sabre Member

Sep 13, 2005
    This one isn't true in our neck of the woods. We often sell machines off the shelf that are 64bit. Manufacturers dont care about the consumers, if they use a 64bit OS and can boost up the numbers on their ram to sell a few more machines, they'll do it. 64bit is becoming mainstream, not just for the high-end rendering/content creation types anymore.

I REALLY want to move this machine to 7-64bit, but I'm using the ole Flexi 7.62. Just haven't had any time to put some effort into it. :|

11. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    I guess different areas must accept what their retailers and computer sellers are dishing out for off the shelf systems.

12. SignBurst PCs

SignBurst PCs Very Active Member

8.6v1 should run fine on a SuperNova with Vista 64.

Newer versions of VersaWorks should run Vista 64 as well.

We haven't tested Windows 7 on the older SuperNovas (we are building a different "GNII" SuperNova now), but I don't see any problem installing it if that is what you want to do.

13. LizardWraps

LizardWraps Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Like I stated before flexi Pro 8.5 VERSON II will not run on Windows 7 64BIT... All of the Staples, BestBuy, and office Stores in New Jersey Sell All New Computers with Windows 7 64Bit Only... I would have to step back a version as per SAI.... I don't think they would steer me wrong...

14. 907customs

907customs Member

Aug 14, 2008

That's funny, i've been running flexi pro 8.5 v2 on my Windows 7 64 bit machine with no issues... It ran fine in the RC version, and now runs fine with with the full release.

15. cgsigns_jamie

Flexi 8.6 V2 SP1 runs great on my Win7 64bit machine... See attached image.

I think someone at SAi has the wrong info.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  16. LizardWraps

LizardWraps Member

Mar 26, 2008
    OK I'll give it a whirl.. Mabye I'm not on sp1?? have to check.. It would be great if I can run it!!
    It will save me Some $$ if I don't have to have one Built!!

Thanks Guys Let u know what happens!!