• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and Windows 7

Grafix USA

I'm having issues trying to get my printer driver in Windows 7 for my Mutoh printer. SW says they don't support W7, so I either have to figure this out on my own or go back to XP.

I searched and couldn't find the answer here, so hopefully someone has figured it out.

Thanks!

Grafix USA

Well it took several hours of trial and error, but I finally got it working correctly. Looks like the big difference is the ip address was off a little. The ip address to use in Windows 7 is 172.018.003.101, not .100 as in directions for Windows Vista. Getting to manually create a network connection in W7 is a little tricky, like they are trying to hide it from everyone. It wants to do everything automatically.

LenXIII

I have a question here. I have windows 7 and the flexi mutoh edition rip software. I was able to get it installed on windows 7, but cannot start it because there are no windows 7 drivers for my USB KEY required to run the software. What a joke?

Anyone know how to fix this??

LizardWraps

spoke to sai the other day If you have the newest version of Flexi-Pro it won't work on windows 7 in 64 bit only 32bit application.. xp or vista in 64 bit.. I called them back to speak to another tech and the comfirmed it!! How do You Buy a new computer without windows 7.. They are all 64BIT.. Having a custom computer built anyway... Thought I would pass it along..

Replicator

Just to clear up any misinformation in this thread :

1. I have had versions back to Flexi 7.6v2 working on Windows 7 32-bit.

2. All computers off the shelf come with windows 7 32-bit . . . NOT 64-bit.

3. The newest Flexi 8.6v2 works on Windows 7 64-bit OS, but installs under the 32-bit Program Files, and runs as a 32-bit app.

cgsigns_jamie

I have a question here. I have windows 7 and the flexi mutoh edition rip software. I was able to get it installed on windows 7, but cannot start it because there are no windows 7 drivers for my USB KEY required to run the software. What a joke?

Anyone know how to fix this??

I assume you have a SafeNet Sentinel hardware key... if so you can download the new drivers HERE

LizardWraps

all of the off the shelf computers windows 7 are 64 bit... Iv'e been checking.. I checked with sai again and asked about what you posted and they said no to load flexi 8.5v2 into vist 64bit.. Even the way you recomended???? what next??

cgsigns_jamie

I've been running Flexi in a 64bit operating system since version 8.0.

Back then they claimed Flexi was a 64bit application and I invested in a 64bit workstation. They weren't much help when I called to ask why their 64bit program was running in 32bit mode on my computers... turns out they were supposed to market the program as 64bit COMPATIBLE, it's still a 32bit program.

That being said it runs fine in a 64bit version of Windows. I've run Flexi in XP x64, Vista 64bit, and now Win7 64bit with ZERO issues. It will work, I promise.

Victorian Signs

Flexi 8.6v1 PC -vs- Vista 64 Bit -vs Windows 7

I presently have a SignBurst SuperNova from Casey, 64 bit processor, have FlexiSign Pro 8.1v1 & 8.6v1, will either run on vista program, or should I get Window 7 new program, also will Rolands Versa Works run on either program, really appericate all your help upfront...........thanks:thankyou:

Sabre

Just to clear up any misinformation in this thread :
2. All computers off the shelf come with windows 7 32-bit . . . NOT 64-bit.

This one isn't true in our neck of the woods. We often sell machines off the shelf that are 64bit. Manufacturers dont care about the consumers, if they use a 64bit OS and can boost up the numbers on their ram to sell a few more machines, they'll do it. 64bit is becoming mainstream, not just for the high-end rendering/content creation types anymore.

I REALLY want to move this machine to 7-64bit, but I'm using the ole Flexi 7.62. Just haven't had any time to put some effort into it. :|

Replicator

I guess different areas must accept what their retailers and computer sellers are dishing out for off the shelf systems.

SignBurst PCs

I presently have a SignBurst SuperNova from Casey, 64 bit processor, have FlexiSign Pro 8.1v1 & 8.6v1, will either run on vista program, or should I get Window 7 new program, also will Rolands Versa Works run on either program, really appericate all your help upfront...........thanks:thankyou:

8.6v1 should run fine on a SuperNova with Vista 64.

Newer versions of VersaWorks should run Vista 64 as well.

We haven't tested Windows 7 on the older SuperNovas (we are building a different "GNII" SuperNova now), but I don't see any problem installing it if that is what you want to do.

LizardWraps

Like I stated before flexi Pro 8.5 VERSON II will not run on Windows 7 64BIT... All of the Staples, BestBuy, and office Stores in New Jersey Sell All New Computers with Windows 7 64Bit Only... I would have to step back a version as per SAI.... I don't think they would steer me wrong...

907customs

Like I stated before flexi Pro 8.5 VERSON II will not run on Windows 7 64BIT... All of the Staples, BestBuy, and office Stores in New Jersey Sell All New Computers with Windows 7 64Bit Only... I would have to step back a version as per SAI.... I don't think they would steer me wrong...

That's funny, i've been running flexi pro 8.5 v2 on my Windows 7 64 bit machine with no issues... It ran fine in the RC version, and now runs fine with with the full release.

cgsigns_jamie

Flexi 8.6 V2 SP1 runs great on my Win7 64bit machine... See attached image.

I think someone at SAi has the wrong info.

Attachments

• (    "Kerberos.CGSD.LOCAL") 2009-12-17 at 2.19.58 PM.jpg
    ( "Kerberos.CGSD.LOCAL") 2009-12-17 at 2.19.58 PM.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

LizardWraps

OK I'll give it a whirl.. Mabye I'm not on sp1?? have to check.. It would be great if I can run it!!
It will save me Some $$ if I don't have to have one Built!!

Thanks Guys Let u know what happens!!