Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi/ Bitmap Crop Tool

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Mike Paul, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Anyone else experiencing this? Flexi Pro 7.6v2.
    When I open a bmp, jpg, or tiff. It can't be cropped after it's rotated. Once it's rotated in Design Central or rotated by double clicking it, the crop tool goes gray. :rolleyes:

Tags:
  2. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    You can rasterize it after you rotate it, or rotate, save and close the file, then reopen it and crop it.

3. Mike Paul

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    :thumb: I appreciate the fast/fix reply Mark. But I'm really trying to figure out if this a bug in the program. Flexi Techs say this shouldn't be happening.

4. Ron Helliar

Ron Helliar Member

Nov 21, 2003
    No editing a rotated image?

Mike,
    The Mac 7.7v2 requires you to do most (if not all) editing to the bitmap when in its native imported orientation, then you are able to rotate. I think you'll find that if you rotate the image back to its imported state, the crop tool will reappear. I'm unaware if the PC side of Flexi operates any differently. I've never tried resampling after rotating though. I'm also not certain if this is a bug or not. It's a limited set of tools so we never really worried about it.

Sorry, I just read my post, to clarify:
    We have never been able to rotate a bitmap & then crop it. Always had to do any editing to the bitmap as it was imported. Any rotating and we loose the ability to crop, etc. Been that way for as long as I can remember, 4.0 on a mac 6100?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  5. Mike Paul

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Here's what Flexi says:

You should be able to crop the image after you rotate or flip it. How are you rotating and flipping the item. I tried it here on my Flexi 7.6v2 and it worked ok. Can you try a different bitmap and see if you have the same issues.

Candy McKay
    Technical Support Rep
    SA International
    2 Intl Plaza Suite 625
    Phila, PA 19113
    1-800-229-9044
    www.saintl.biz

6. JWILLIS

JWILLIS Member

Jan 31, 2006
    I have the same problem w/ flexi 7.62....

have always just croped etc be fore rotating....

7. Ron Helliar

Ron Helliar Member

Nov 21, 2003
    And there you have it

Well then, there you have it. Mike and I both have the only legal copies of Flexisign distributed to the general signmaking public that won't crop a rotated bitmapped image with either an embedded profile or reconfigured with our color management in either a jpg, bmp or tiff format. I'm certain it's as simple as us forgetting to clear our preferences.

(insert a dripping, sickly sweet diatribe on Saturday working to make up for this type off software operation that kills our productivity sarcasm here):cool: