• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi can open what Illustrator can't WTF ?

Drip Dry

Since I have CS2 and often I get an .EPS file that was created in a higher version.
OK, so I can understand the dreaded message that it was created in a higher version and can't open it. Fair enough.

BUT, why is it than I can import the file in version 7.5 Flexi. This happens very often. You would think that Flexi would never be able to open it.

I guess this is adobe's way of forcing an upgrade.

Rant over... thanks for listening... but I still don't feel better

Biker Scout

You have to back-save to at least Illustrator 8, that's a more widely compatible format with oddball programs that say they accept or can create .eps files.

DGDesigns

I had this problem also and found out if I tried to OPEN the file directly from Illustrator it never worked, but if I COPY and PASTED it from my Desktop OR placed it on my Desktop and DRAG it into Illustrator it worked. Not sure why, but it did. I don't think it matters what version a EPS file is made in. If it's converted to outlines, it's just an EPS file. If it's saved as an AI file, then the version should matter. Hope this works for you.

Steve Rife

DGDesigns... I believe the reason why it worked on copy/paste and not open is due to the difference in the "Open" and "Import" filters. In other words... you should be able to Import your EPS files even though you can't Open them. At least that is what I can recall when Flexi had the same issue in previous versions.