• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi CLoud Dither types

jaly723

I just updated to Flexi Cloud from Flexi 10.5. I use to print certain jobs on Error Diffusion and Error Diffusion 2 on Flexi 10.5. Now when I try to print that way on Flexi Cloud it is a horrible color and not correct. It will only let me print on SO Diffusion. I am using the same profile. ANy ideas?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You need separate profiles for any dither type.

Not so. Do you actually know what a dither algorithm is?

You can change dither algorithms on any profile at any time. Whether to do so or not depends on a number of things. If you're a card carrying profilista then the dither algorithm can be part and parcel of your latest profile and the mere thought of changing it might give you the vapors.

If you're a more normal specimen depending not on a magic profile but your own skills as a digital pressman then dither algorithms are merely another tool in your toolbox.