• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Cloud - Print Errors? Help!

txwrapper

The Granbury Sign & Wrap Guy
So we have been having an issue with ONE of our production machines lately. My last remediation was to completely uninstall Flexi and Production manager and reinstall (pain in the arse!).

It seems as if the RIP is 'skipping' parts of the print files.. I have a picture of the result off the printer (one of our two 1624s) and what the print file is supposed to look like for reference. Has anyone had this happen before?

A little insight, we have two production computers that are customer built to the EXACT same spec, and the software is also identical. The other machine does not produce this error on printing. Essentially same computer, software, and printers.

Printer Result:
upload_2017-9-20_8-38-0.png

Print File:
upload_2017-9-20_8-38-48.png

pjfmeister

Possible its an issue with your router or network issue. I would start by putting it on another port and or assigning a new IP address...

txwrapper

Possible its an issue with your router or network issue. I would start by putting it on another port and or assigning a new IP address...

I think it may be more of a local computer/software error. The two Mutoh's are assigned static IPs through our router, the other production computer sends files to them with no issue.

bannertime

It does appear that maybe there is an issue with data loss though. I'd say if you were sending just one file, then that'd be a strange problem. However, if it is multiple copies and they are getting mushed together, then it's probably not as life threatening. Other than doing the wipe/reinstall, we'd have to determine if this is happening because of the file, the RIP, over the network, or on the printer. I've yet to read any evidence to suggest it ISN'T one of those things.

Does this only happen on one printer?
Does it only happen after a certain distance printed?
Can you print the same exact file from the other computer without issue?
Has it only been this file? What happens if you rotate or change the size of the art?
Does it keep happening once it gets to the third copy?

txwrapper

It does appear that maybe there is an issue with data loss though. I'd say if you were sending just one file, then that'd be a strange problem. However, if it is multiple copies and they are getting mushed together, then it's probably not as life threatening. Other than doing the wipe/reinstall, we'd have to determine if this is happening because of the file, the RIP, over the network, or on the printer. I've yet to read any evidence to suggest it ISN'T one of those things.

Does this only happen on one printer?
Does it only happen after a certain distance printed?
Can you print the same exact file from the other computer without issue?
Has it only been this file? What happens if you rotate or change the size of the art?
Does it keep happening once it gets to the third copy?

Has happened on both printers, but only from one computer.
It seems to get a ways in to the printing then it occurs.
Exact same file from other computer prints just fine.
Has occurred in other print runs as well, anything from a very simple (background color and text) 4X10 banner to graphic intensive wall wrap.
And I haven't tried again as we keep wasting material (and time!) on it, i'll just print it from the other computer.

I have since brought in Flexi support, they said they haven't seen it before. The tech seemed to think clearing the 'preferences' would do the trick as they have seen several bugs being fixed by doing so (preference reset) after the cloud update of 2568.

I haven't tried printing again yet, but I will keep this updated with any info I gather.