• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Cloud trouble with Summa DC3 Plus printer/cutter

DarrinV

Can anyone help? I have been using Flexisign Pro v7.6 with my Summa DC3 Plus printer/cutter over the past several years without any problem until now. I recently had to purchase a new computer with the Windows 7 operating system. I know the old version of flex does not work on this system so I upgraded to the Flexi Cloud version. Now when I print, 60% of my colors are wrong and my contour cut is jerky. Supposely I am missing ICC profiles for my printer. I have both versions on my computer trying to look between the Production Manager and Rip to Print boxes on both. I notice on the new version, in the output profile box and the media box they are blank compared to the old version. I can't seem to find anywhere the output ICC profiles I need to print correctly. Anybody have any suggestions????

FrankW

Regularly, if you print spotcolors, no ICC-profile is needed. Then, be shure to set the dithering method to "Angled Screen".

Then you could convert your profiles from Flexi 7.6 to FlexiCloud. You need to export the profiles as a preset and import it into FlexiPRO's ColorProfiler "Convert Legacy Profile".

CalamityJay

Why this suggestion?

Regularly, if you print spotcolors, no ICC-profile is needed. Then, be shure to set the dithering method to "Angled Screen".

Then you could convert your profiles from Flexi 7.6 to FlexiCloud. You need to export the profiles as a preset and import it into FlexiPRO's ColorProfiler "Convert Legacy Profile".

It seems like a odd work around for output.

I was interested in what the different output settings actually did. Why would angled screen work better than other dither modes.

CalamityJay

how do you know this info??

I would never guess to do this in a million years.