• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi color import help!!!!!

Aeon2009

Ok, huge Flexi problem. I am using Flexi v8.1 and Illustrator cs2. When I import an .AI file directly into production manager and send to the Mimaki jv3-160sp, everything is fine, colors are preserved. But when I import that same .AI file into Flexi first, say, to do a contour cut, then the CMYK color that way used in Illustrator appears completely different once imported into Flexi. Even worse, once exported to production manager from Flexi, the job prints an incorrect color regardless of whether or not color correction is on or off, or what profile is being used. So, in short, the same file prints fine straight from illustrator, but incorrectly when imported to Flexi first, even with all of the same profile information. Does Flexi just naturally alter colors imported from illustrator?? is there a way to make it stop? Please Help!!!

deejay

Nope, nothing that Im aware of. When I design in Flexi I show the customers what colors my printer can achieve (on a sample chart). You can send contour cut information to your printer via Illustartor tho. Just creat a new swatch and rename it CutContour (exactly ike that) and change it to a spot color. I pretty much do all my work in Illustrator now just because of the color issues known in Flexi.

Aeon2009

Thanks

Gotcha, thanks for the help guys. I was figuring Flexi was just horrible at handling colors. I suppose we'll have to hook the plotter up via USB instead of firewire so Finecut will work from Illustrator.

Thanks Again