• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi colour washed out

Andrew G

Hi all
Just bought a hp L26500 latex and decided to try Flexi as the rip. I downloaded the latest free trial and got it working with the printer. The problem I’m having is colours look very dull and washed out, tried you tube and saw about changing colour settings etc which I have and about the soft button that shows you actual print colours but nothing works. I have noticed that when changing settings it does change on screen and in the job I’m sending but when I print the print is exactly the same every time, nothing like the screen. Contacted Flexi and they said try different icc profiles but again no difference. Am I missing something simple?
Thanks in advance.

Simon kaye

Hi all
Just bought a hp L26500 latex and decided to try Flexi as the rip. I downloaded the latest free trial and got it working with the printer. The problem I’m having is colours look very dull and washed out, tried you tube and saw about changing colour settings etc which I have and about the soft button that shows you actual print colours but nothing works. I have noticed that when changing settings it does change on screen and in the job I’m sending but when I print the print is exactly the same every time, nothing like the screen. Contacted Flexi and they said try different icc profiles but again no difference. Am I missing something simple?
Thanks in advance.
You using genuine or compatible ink?

Andrew G

You using genuine or compatible ink?
Genuine ink. Flexi have just told me it’s probably down to the media not being the same as ICC profile but I’ve tried four different ho profiles and the prints are identical. I may be wrong but I’m sure there would be some visible difference even if it’s miles off.

greysquirrel

are there new printheads in this printer? 26500 is a very old printer at this point. The end of life of the product has been set by HP. Hope you picked it up cheap. Where the inks new? You can remove them and agitate the ink and reinstall.(if it has been sitting awhile) What type of media are you printing on? If its a bond paper or fabric the ink is absorbed and not sitting on he surface...send some pics

jimboeejit

In Flexi you have both rip and print and production manager....everytime you change a setting you need restart Flexi so it both uses and remembers it...
Both rip and print and the production manager need to have the same settings in them...
Read media from printer button is also good

I used hp air release settings and get good results although I did change red in Flexi so it prints a 'coke' red...

Andrew G

In Flexi you have both rip and print and production manager....everytime you change a setting you need restart Flexi so it both uses and remembers it...
Both rip and print and the production manager need to have the same settings in them...
Read media from printer button is also good

I used hp air release settings and get good results although I did change red in Flexi so it prints a 'coke' red...
Thank you Jim spot on. Shut all down reopened and ripped and sent through pm perfect. Thanks so much

Andrew G

are there new printheads in this printer? 26500 is a very old printer at this point. The end of life of the product has been set by HP. Hope you picked it up cheap. Where the inks new? You can remove them and agitate the ink and reinstall.(if it has been sitting awhile) What type of media are you printing on? If its a bond paper or fabric the ink is absorbed and not sitting on he surface...send some pics
Yes all refurbished, sorted now thanks was the way I was sending through Flexi