Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi Cut pressure/speed

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by rjssigns, Jun 4, 2019.

1. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I've been doing the print/lam/cut from Flexi with no issues. Now I want to cut vinyl and no matter what I've tried I can't change the pressure and speed. I made a new preset, applied it, clicked OK and it still reverts to 500mm/sec @ 150 grams.

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Ive had the same problems before. I decided just to set pressure and speed at the cutter. The software mas not sending proper parameters. I think I also turned off the settiings option on flexi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Tech did a remote and got it working. Weird thing about Flexi cutting is you have to set the parameters, give it a name then save it in two different spots. I'm trying to let the weirdness sink in.

4. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    If you want Flexi to set the plotter parameters make sure the plotter is set to pay attention to to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

I've never got it to work, but my patience is measured in nanoseconds, so I just control it at the cutter panel

6. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Communication part is fine. It's the way Flexi makes you deal with presets. At some point I'll get used to it.

7. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    It has nothing to do with communication. Most plotters, just like my Graphtec, have a setting that either allows or disallows various setting instructions from a computer. If set to not allow then you can send them all day and the plotter won't pay attention to them.

8. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    I too have just found it easier to set the pressure at the machine. It varies over the life of the blade so the adjustment needs to be relative to how old the blade is.