• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Cut pressure/speed

rjssigns

I've been doing the print/lam/cut from Flexi with no issues. Now I want to cut vinyl and no matter what I've tried I can't change the pressure and speed. I made a new preset, applied it, clicked OK and it still reverts to 500mm/sec @ 150 grams.

Jburns

Ive had the same problems before. I decided just to set pressure and speed at the cutter. The software mas not sending proper parameters. I think I also turned off the settiings option on flexi.

rjssigns

Tech did a remote and got it working. Weird thing about Flexi cutting is you have to set the parameters, give it a name then save it in two different spots. I'm trying to let the weirdness sink in.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you want Flexi to set the plotter parameters make sure the plotter is set to pay attention to to them.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I've never got it to work, but my patience is measured in nanoseconds, so I just control it at the cutter panel

rjssigns

If you want Flexi to set the plotter parameters make sure the plotter is set to pay attention to to them.
Communication part is fine. It's the way Flexi makes you deal with presets. At some point I'll get used to it.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Communication part is fine. It's the way Flexi makes you deal with presets. At some point I'll get used to it.

It has nothing to do with communication. Most plotters, just like my Graphtec, have a setting that either allows or disallows various setting instructions from a computer. If set to not allow then you can send them all day and the plotter won't pay attention to them.

IsItFasst

I too have just found it easier to set the pressure at the machine. It varies over the life of the blade so the adjustment needs to be relative to how old the blade is.