• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi cutting issue

scant

Got the Roland pnc1210 up and going (thanks oldpaint).

Got Flexi 8.5 installed.

Here's my issue.... (and I know .....its probably user error!)

If I have a graphic of a "ball" in Flexi thats 4" in diameter , when it cuts on the roland it cuts it as 3.5".

What is making it scale down while outputting?

Where am I screwing up here?

Thanks,

Stan

yukon

I have 2 possible reasons:
1. In production Manager's cut screen, be sure the "scale" is 100%. Also check to make sure "fit to media" is NOT checked.
-OR-
2. The "ball" you are cutting is really just a circle, right? Is it a circle with a solid fill, or is it a circle with no fill and a 1/4" stroke? If you have an 1/4" stroke with no fill, it will cut on the center line of the stroke, resulting in a 1/2" reduction of the circle.

hope this helps...

yukon:Coffee:

scant

Okay here we go.

I draw a 2" cricle in flexi, no outline.
Prod mgr set at 100%.

My cut output measures 1.625"

I do notice when I proceed with the cut command that in prod mgr the size dialog box states it is 2.116 x 2.116 at 100%.

Very strange.

Thanks for the help.

I'll keep trying.

RJ TECH1

Printer Singing Lessons + Flexi Undergraduate 2001
The most likely scenario is the resolution of the plotter driver is not the same as your Roland Machine. From Production Manager (not Cut/Plot) Select your plotter, then from the Select Drop down menu, Default Job Properties. The 3rd tab displays your resolution. Should be 1016 for the PNC1210. If it is @ 1016 you might have to adjust the resolution until you get the right output size. Good Luck!!

scant

Great replies and some good info.

RJ tech1.....man you win the prize. That was exactly my problem. It was set to 860. Adjusted it per your specs and I'm cooking!

Many thanks to all.