• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi cutting off images on print files

yamaha581

For some reason I seem to be having a problem with Flexi cutting off images on print files. I do all my design work in illustrator on a Mac and save the print files on a flash drive and print from Flexi on a pc. This is mostly with motocross graphics so the print jobs are usually done in two pieces and being around 45" long each. When I try to do two 45" pieces to print together for some reason Flexi just randomly cuts off pieces on the print. Sometimes I can get away with rotating the job and they all show up but lately that has not been working. Is there something I can do so I can stop this from happening? It just takes a lot more time when I have to sit there and print one piece at a time.

bannertime

This could be memory issues, it could be a file export issue, it could be a paneling issue in the RIP. Really hard to say. Could you go through your export to print process step by step? Where exactly are you seeing the file cut off, is it in the print itself or inside the RIP preview?

karst41

I do some work in AI on the MAC, and transport on a flash drive.

Rule #1 is convert all strokes to Outlines.
Rule #2 convert all text to paths. The exception is when you have the same
font on the PC. ie. Times New Roman.

When I move the file to the PC, I drop the file on the desktop.
Then I start a new window in FS and "Import" the file, then resize and or edit, and Save.
This becomes a FS File and when I go to print, I enter the number of copies
and set the copy spacing as will be needed for the next step such as laminating,
and or contour cutting.

If this problem persist, go back to illustrator and clear out any unused layers.
You may have a layer at the top or bottom that is creating the problem.

In FS I would view as outlines and then select All and zoom out.
You could have a Goblin in there that is circumcising your images.

Hope this helps.

Reveal1

You didn't say what file format you save out of AI. Objects outside the artboard sometimes trip up Flexi when imported from AI. Try exporting print files from AI to Print Quality PDF which automatically clips all content outside of the artboard. You'll also have a standardized, editable print file that can be used across platforms. Another thought; is all of your desired print contained within the AI artboard?