• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Cutting Options

jmmccann

This may be a dumb question, but I've always set my knife pressure and velocity at the cutter instead within Flexi. If I set them within flexi, does the software just override whatever settings are on the cutter?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What kind of cutter do you have?
I think most have an option to set the priority for the override to either the software or the printer.
You could set the pressure to near zero in Flexi and see what happens when you try to cut a piece of scrap.
With the Graphtec I set it from the cutter as it is simple and faster to do a quick test cut and set the origin over using Flexi.
wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

Snydo

Like Wayne I prefer to set depth at the plotter for the reasons he stated. But if you do want to try it you need to change a setting on your plotter. On a Graphtec I am pretty sure its called CONDITION PRIORITY under the TOOLS menu, change it to SOFTWARE.

mameighan

I set mine in the file through flexI as I think it keeps the settings so the next time you open the file you know what depth and speed etc you used the last time. Great when you are using differect materials

Mark