• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi designer questions

Gene@mpls

I have Fpro 7.6v2 and would like to have another design station. I looked at
the SA website and it is kinda vague- I assume that it has the bitmap edit and
gradient, etc, capabilities? Can you output an .eps file (which I print from
Wasatch rip? Ok- edit- I found somemore info- it does not have 'graphic/text styles' and
of course no cutting output or rip.
The price looks inviting- after seeing the thread measioning the competitive
upgrade from Versaworks it got me thinking. Thanks Gene

LittleSnakey

if it works don't upgrade

be carefull about upgrading Flexi..... see my other post about my problems with upgrading. Flexi has been no help, in fact they are the cause of my down time.

No I have to spend another $100 to get my software working the way it should have been delivered.

Gene@mpls

I have read of your problems and do not want to upgrade my Fpro for that
reason- what I am wondering is if Fdesigner will work for my purposes. Most
new software is buggy when you get to this level- they will work it out- I
have been thru a lot with Flexi but I still love it. Thanks Gene

mbarden

Hey Gene,
Designer does everything Pro does. There is no PM. Have to send file to PC with Pm on it. This is not problem because Designer searches the network for PM. The only problem that you may have is sending a file from Flexi designer version 8.5 to Production Manager ver 7.6 (Not sure though)
Our setup works great, One PC running Flexi Pro and one running Designer.
Hope this helps
Mike B
Big River Sign Co. (Just down river from you in Dbq IA)

high impact

I've been thinking of adding a station also with just Flexi Designer. I've never used it but I hear it is just like pro only no PM. Let me know how it works out.

Matthew Scher

FlexiDESIGNER is identical to FlexiSIGN-PRO, but without Production Manager. Prior to the 8.x release, it was a lower level product, and was missing cut/plot and RIP and Print commands (and prior to that it was also missing desktop print and export).

With the 8.x series of Designer, you get a full design package that can connect to a Production Manager on the network, or installed on the same computer. The limitation as stated earlier is that it can only connect to a PM of the same version (so don't buy a Designer 8.5 if your other station is a 8.0).

The list price is $995, well below the price of a full FSP, even with a site license discount.

Gene@mpls

Thanks Matthew and everyone else. I don't use my Fpro 7.6 to output
anyway- I still cut from Fpro 5.7v6 and rip with Wasatch- so the PManager
mismatch would not be a problem- I would just like to have another design
station with an up to the minute version and keep my 5.7/7.6 dongle. Gene