• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Error

captainron19

Just installed Flexi Pro 7.0 on ocmputer and I have my plotter connected to pc (JSI P24) I obtained the JSI Driver from their website and put it into my output folder under flexi and went ahead and added it.

When I run flexi and tried a sample cut The production manager box started to open and then I get an error message saying "Connection to Production Manager Timed Out Try to connect Again?" At the same time the production Manager window open and shows my cutter in there but it still will not make the cut.

If I go to Setup then Test Cut it makes a cut just fine but will not cut anyhting I am making in Flexi - Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

flexiezine

What is the key number of your Flexi 7.x? I would recommend updating to 7.5v5 or 7.6v1... The cutter driver is already in those versions and therefore, not need to install driver or CSM file.

It could be possible that the CSM file you received or downloaded is incompatible with your version or corrupt.

Email me directly if you continue to have problems... bobby @ flexiezine.com

gROUND cHUCK

this might not fix the problem because i still have an older version of flexi.
though i've had a problem with the same errors.

try disabling your antivirus, than restart Flexi, and retry the production manager.
sometimes the dongle and antivirus want to fight with each other.

flexiezine

Another thing to do is Turn Off the TCP/IP setting within the Tools/Cut Plot of your programs Preferences.

Edit>Preferences>Tools Tab>Cut/Plot Icon>Uncheck-Use TCP/IP

captainron19

flexiezine said:
Another thing to do is Turn Off the TCP/IP setting within the Tools/Cut Plot of your programs Preferences.

Edit>Preferences>Tools Tab>Cut/Plot Icon>Uncheck-Use TCP/IP

That did it - I actually called my plotter manufacturer and I got the same response form them and it worked just fine.

On another topic. When I made my first cut with Flexi everything came out mirrored. I checked my setting before the final send to cutter and the mirror was turned off but it was still cutting a mirrored image. The only way I was able to get text cut properly was to actually set for the cut to be mirrored and then everything came out just fine.