• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Error

Bren Marra

I need serious help. I design my wraps in flexi and when the files are pretty big flexi tells me an unknown error has occurred then closes the application and will not let me save. I have designed the same wrap 3 times and have hours into each design. This is so bad.

elsignshop

My flexi been doing the same thing last few months, and all i did was a update and it stop doing the error and works good now.

FTG

We have the same issue with Flexi 10. Will have a large project with multiple fills and if you don't stop working and save your project once in a while it seems like we overwhelm the software. There have been times when we start to rip and print we also get an "out of memory" message. It doesn't seem to matter if the production manager has jobs waiting or not. Our HP PC was custom built for us last year with a huge graphics card, large memory and ram. The outfit that built the computer researched the requirements for Flexi and claims we should be able to run two or three versions of Flexi on this unit without any issues. Lastly we are printing to a Mutoh VJ 1204

Ideas?

tsgstl

I use 8.5v1 with enough ram to compensate for exporting a simple pdf correctly. I run into this with big files often as well. It seems to be more of a "to many vector" problem than big jpg. type files. Quite often I have to shut down flexi and restart my pc to resolve this. If I have the simplest of logos with a outline it will confuse the outline normally missing the interior color. I always have to check any exported proof before I send it. And locking up flexi with 4 other unsaved files open is a frequent problem.

FTG

We updated Flexi a couple of months ago and I believe we are now running 10.5. We had the issue before we updated as well as after. I wonder if we would uninstall and reinstall flexi might help?

LittleSnakey

The problem is the file is just too big. What you have to do is separate it into separate files, maybe each side, front and back. Or you can resample the raster images with less dpi.

What I do when that happens is delete objects till I can save, then I undo the deletions, delete what I saved then try saving again with a different name. And keep repeating the process till everything is saved in separate files.

The next problem you will have is that flexi will rip and rip and rip then print nothing (this is in 8.6 have not done anything large enough in 10.5 yet) this happens to us when using large high res files now and then. When this happens we need to use versaworks to print the job.
Hope this helps you guys.

If you uninstall and then reinstall, be sure to install into a new directory.