Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi export / Corel import questions

Discussion in 'Corel' started by B Snyder, May 8, 2007.

1. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004
    My main cutting computer is an 450mhz Pentium II running Windows 98 and FlexiSign 5.8v1. This setup has worked perfectly for 8+ years. Its currently connected to a Graphtec FC5100-75. I love Flexi 5.8. It does everything I need it to do and it does it quickly. I have the 6.x upgrades and I never liked them at all.

My other system is more modern and drives my EDGE2 and Envision plotter. :)

I'm looking to purchase a new computer to replace the old Pentium. It'll have Vista installed and I'll be designing with CorelDraw X3. I'm planning to use CoCut Pro or SignTools (or other similar Corel plugins, advice?) with Corel to design and output to my Graphtec. Is there a way to do a batch export of my .fs files to a format Corel can import? Is there a way to get Corel to import .fs files?
    I won't be able to run my current versions of FlexiSign on the new computer and I'd rather not have to keep the old computer around to export old files as needed.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Tags:
  2. gvgraphics

gvgraphics Very Active Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I'm not sure about the batch export but you should be able to export them as .eps files and open with corel.

3. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004
    I know i can do that. I've been using Flexi for 10 years. I have about 7000 files.

4. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Upgrading is going to be your easiest solution. This is why I alway save duplicates in AI or now PDF. No more getting hung up!