• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi Exports Gray Line

bernardhibbs

Hi,
When I export my design to a PDF (So I can photoshop it) it always sticks a grey line on the design, which seems to be part of the page border. I don't seem to be able to make it go away. I have tried having the page outline set to hidden, but no luck.

Any help would be much appriciated.

grafxxx

have to tried to save/export as psd? and when you export do you have the selection only box check off? or try this make a box to fit your page border and give it a white outline

DPD

You may have a stroke line in it. Take a look in flexi and see if the fill/stroke is showing a stroke line.

Ok, I am having the same problem. I have wanted to ask this problem, but I keep forgetting. Now, the point is, we WANT to have it in pdf format WITHOUT that line. So how is it done is what the question is. We WANT it in PDF format, and not want to be told to export in another format. Now, how can this be done. I think that would be the best way to phrase the questions. Dont mean to be harsh, but I guess that is the only way to ask... DIrectly.

Thanks!

Chris

ndemond

have to tried to save/export as psd? and when you export do you have the selection only box check off? or try this make a box to fit your page border and give it a white outline

I think thats right.

Select only your design, export selected not export all, save to psd.

CL Graphics

Correction. I just tried this and the border still show. Try exporting as an eps then run through distiller. No outline.
Or
Why not just export as a .psd

bernardhibbs

The reason it doesn't work to export it as a PSD, is that it doesn't preserve the size correctly. The PDF does, but you get the grey line weather the border is turned on or off.

bernardhibbs

It seems the right way to do it is to export it as a EPS, then turn it into a PDF. The size is preserved correctly (unlike PSD's).

Thanks for the help. Great Forum.