• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi for Mac via Parallels

daenterpri

Does anyone use Flexi 10 on their mac via Parallels? How does it work? My PC specs are pretty low so Flexi tends to "Not Respond" and crash sometimes when going from the Editor to the RIP.

However, if I'm going to get a decent computer, I would much prefer spending money on a Mac than a new PC. Anyone?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have set up Flexi on Parallel and I had a lot of issues getting it installed. After it was installed it worked fairly well with a few glitches here and there. Flexi does not generally support the software when it is installed this way. They will try to help you a little if you call tech support but once they know it is on Parallel they will say there are too many factors that could be causing issues. I would recommend getting a PC laptop to run as a print server with Flexi on it and networking it with the Mac to use for design.

WildWestDesigns

During my ill conceived short time with Mac, I had Parrallels and I was running my embroidery software through it. Resource management was my issue mainly, even though I thought it was decently spec'ed, but after you consider 2 OSs and having to have Parrallels on just to run the second one. It was just too much. There were a few glitches here and there, especially with the security dongle and other USB "stuff", but I managed to play around with the settings to handle that, but it was for sure resource management. If you just have to do it, I would also make sure that it's on the upper end of that "decently" spec'ed Mac. Even then you might have some issues, but at least resource management won't be one of them.

daenterpri

That's helpful. Thanks guys!

VanderJ - Any particular reason you recommend a PC laptop over just a PC desktop?

westpointsigns

Flexi will run slow if you don't maximize the RAM settings.

The RAM is set to 1GB as a default in Parallels. If you are running XP max it out to 4GB and it should run just fine.

I really like the mac running Parallels because of the ability to drag and drop edited photos for printing. I rarely use PS for editing anymore.