• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi freaked out today

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Any ideas what caused these issues?
Running 10.5.1. No real issues for a long time till today.

- Suddenly can not email files out of Flexi..... i get an error saying Send Email could not send.
- Fonts that I commonly use and have been on my system forever suddenly seem to not be there when I open old files.
- When I start Flexi, it is now popping up a window asking me if I want to allow app.exe (Flexi) to make changes to this computer, and that the Publisher is unknown. I noticed the icon on the desktop now has the little yellow and blue shield showing it is set to run as admin. I never set that before, and this seems to be causing problems.

Any help would be appreciated. I have already removed the program and reinstalled, nothing has changed.

the graphics co

might be a windows update problem, check if there were any windows updates since you used the program last and try to uninstall that particular update.

eahicks

No updates installed....I have updates off. Just wiped every trace of Flexi off and reinstalled. Currently replacing my backed up templates, jobfiles, swatches. etc. so will see if that did the trick.
However I see the blue and yellow shield on the Flexi icon....is that normal? I don't remember that being there before.

eahicks

No...not that either. I ended up reinstalling Flexi fresh, and seems to be working ok. It still popped up with permissions crap, so I did more digging and discovered it was setting full control for Admin, but not the main user (me...which also has admin rights). So I changed the ownership to me instead of the default admin and it stopped. Never seen anything like this with Flexi, and have no clue why anything changed.
Oh well....I needed a distraction on this busy day....:frustrated:

Ragin Cajun

I have flexi expert for my cutter.

I recently bought a new computer and needed to install software.

I went to their website to get the latest version.

I downloaded and placed a backup copy on an external hard drive...then i installed.

It was acting up so I installed Fix-it utilities.

It found a trojan on my computer....then i searched my extra hard drive....it found a trojan on that hard drive the back up copy was on.

The trojan was in Flexi software

signgal

eeeep!

I have flexi expert for my cutter.

I recently bought a new computer and needed to install software.

I went to their website to get the latest version.

I downloaded and placed a backup copy on an external hard drive...then i installed.

It was acting up so I installed Fix-it utilities.

It found a trojan on my computer....then i searched my extra hard drive....it found a trojan on that hard drive the back up copy was on.

The trojan was in Flexi software