• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi help - I do not have the Software

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I have a customer who sent me a file to look over and I thought someone here could give me some insight since I do not have Flexi sign sw. I am not profiting on this, just a favor

They use FlexiSIGN 7.5v5 SP2 Build Number 0685. When they import a file that their customer sent to them, many of the lines are missing. It is an ai file saved down to v3. They all show up in Illustrator but 75% of the lines disappear in Flexi. I ungrouped and uncombined but nothing helps.

Is there a setting in flexi to prevent this? Their supplier advised upgrading to a newer version of flexi. I cannot tell them that this will help and for the $800-$1000 that it costs what happens if that is not the issue?

I did not create the file. If someone here has this version and would like to test it out, PM me. I am at a loss without anything to test it on

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Eric,
I made an error I am running 7.6v2 not 7.5 so maybe that is the issue.
I thought the upgrade from .5 to .6 was free but I am not sure.

wayne k
guam usa

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The upgrade was free from anything in the 7 series to version 7.6.2. Whether or not it is still available through Flexi is doubtful since they are currently at version 8.5.

I use Flexi for opening and editing vector files all the time and have never actually had a single vector disappear. It would make no sense ... especially when you examine the contents of an EPS file in a word processor and realize that most of it is just a record of node X-Y positions, angles and curve lengths in plain English.

More likely what is happening is that you are not seeing vectors with white fills against the default white workspace in Flexi. the default view in Flexi is for vectors to carry the color of the fill they contain. A simple Control +A to Select All will tell you immediately if there are vectors you aren't seeing. The easy fix is to change the workspace color to a color not present in any of the fills. For example if the file has black and white fills, changing the background to gray will cause all vectors to be readily seen.

Drip Dry

May be that there are strokes in the illustrator file but can't see them in Flexi. Try selecting everything in the Flexi file and convert strokes to outlines.

OADesign

the upgrade to 7.6v2 is free and still available.

Though I'm not certain how long this will be available.

Attachments

• Inst to DL Flexi 7.6v2.doc
    32 KB · Views: 148