Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi how to cut a smooth line

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by deadguy141, Jan 18, 2007.

1. deadguy141

deadguy141 New Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Hello, I'm having trouble cutting a smooth line with flexi design. I scanned a pic of a sticker I wanted to cut. Once you import the pic to flexi, the edges look ok. If you zoom in you can see how jagged it is. When you cut it, it comes out jagged and not smooth. I was wondering if there is a way in flexi to smooth out the lines. Thank you
    James

Tags:
  2. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    You can adjust the tracing options a bit to get it a little better, but all in all Flexi tracing has SUCKED since version 5.

If you've got Corel or Illustrator they will both do a better job of tracing it. If not then you're gonna have to redraw it instead of trace it.

3. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Try the Bezier trace option.
    Use your path edit tools to smooth the lines.

4. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

You can always go in and get rid of the nodes. To many nodes will make it rough.

5. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Send it over to the vector doctor. Or autotrace and learn the hard way.

6. MAB SIGNS

MAB SIGNS Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2003
    the nodes have it...

7. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    I dont think he knows the nodes just yet from reading his post. Scanning and tracing is a good way to learn though.