• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi icc profile help

slip119

Need some help on icc profiles. I have an hp h35500. Looked on the internet and can't seem to find any for this machine. Trying to create some of my own the best I can without buy a color profiling tool. I can't seem to find a way to save them in the flexi rip. I tried setting it as a preset but when I check that all the settings I preset are there, Im finding they are different. Could anyone please give me the proper steps to save a profile. Frustrations is setting in.

eforer

Building an icc profile without some sort of spectrophotometer is like trying build a house without any tools. You have an expensive printer, you'll need to invest in some of the other ancillary tools and their associated expenses. The eye-one is fine, but I would look into a more automated scanning solution. Even the older auto strip reading scanners from x-rite are faster.

MachServTech

Ok. So here's the way I would go about this.
You have a UV curing printer. You need to maximize the gamut (colors available). Flexi will make a good profile as long as you follow a few steps first.
1. you need a spectrophotometer
2. you need to fully understand how to calibrate the alignments of your machine.
3. you already have software that will allow you to build a profile (if you have a spectro)
4.Follow the bouncing ball in the profile wizard. A profile is two parts. The calibration or linearization and then the icc built using that (calibrated) fingerprint of ink, machine and media. If you have questions or get stuck just post questions or call tech support.
The result will be far more colors available, and repeatable color.

Junkie

Scanvec website has icc profiles. Photobase ones are better than the banner ones. We have used them a lot, but you should build your own profiles at some point.