Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi/Illustrator Issues

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Spud, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Spud

Spud Active Member

Jan 25, 2007
    I'm sure everyone runs into the ole' color issues.. but i've always matched them when I imported a eps from illy to flexi.. so it wasn't a huge issue.

Now I have chesapeake's new logo and it has two gradients and when I import it to flexi the color changes lighter just like every other file from illy.

UGH! Any solution to not lose any color when exporting/importing?

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The most reliable solution I have found is to run the vector image up to a suitable size, save it, and then open it in Photoshop for rasterization. I have tried this from Illustrator and the results are not as reliable as Photoshop.

The thinking here is to convert it from what is a problem to reliably import and print into something that is more fixed and dependable.

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I almost always export as an RGB .tif right out if Illustrator, at full size, & I set the resolution that I want while exporting & I usually never even look at it in Photoshop unless I have other work to do with it over there.

4. Spud

Spud Active Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Yeah that's what I did.. basically convert it to a high-res jpeg or the like so it works for the signs your doing.

But it seems such of a temporary solution - I just kinda figured there's to many minds out there not to figure out a matching profile or something of the sort ya know!

5. Spud

Spud Active Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Thanks Guys, maybe with a little research I kind find someone or thing that has a little program.. you know those kids and their little programs! There's always something.

But what's weird is I've heard numerous times that the adobe programs/colors are the best out. So would this problem be a flexi or adobe issue? It just seems adobe doesn't play nice with anything.

Is this a issue with Corel exporting to flexi? (The color loss)