Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi install question

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by PGSigns, Dec 23, 2005.

1. PGSigns

PGSigns Active Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I bought all the stuff from a guy that went out of business and got a copy of flexi. I wrote down the user # and the serial number from the dongle. Put the disc in the machine and started the install. Entered the user # and serial number from the dongle as requested on the screen and hit enter. Got a message that the user # and password don't match. Is there something I am missing here?
    Thanks
    Jimmy

Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    O's and zero's

Are you sure that you are not placing an O where it should be a zero? If they do not match you will get the error. Try changing them to the opposite.

3. kevco

kevco Guest

it could be a second chair as I have. If this is the case go to Flexi in the start menu there you will see password installer. This is where you will find the password that matches the second seat dongle.

4. nxtremesign

nxtremesign Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Flexi when you upgrade now don't change the key..... they give a new password with the upgrade.
    Did you wright down the password from under the "Help" menu from the old coputer? it may not be the same as the one on the dongle. ( I know mind aren't) just a thought

5. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    When doing a Flexi 7.x install you need three items to enter:

1. the number off the dongle (and the dongle must be attached to the machine).

2. the serial number printed on the box (typically 7 digits).

3. the password printed on the box: (typically 20 alphanumeric characters separated by dashes in 5 character blocks).

The serial number and password keys may be printed elsewhere on other slips of paper, such as an invoice from the reseller where it was purchased or from Scanvec-Amiable.

6. PGSigns

PGSigns Active Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Called Scanvec and they said it is not compatable with NT (I did not get 7). I have the upgrade on the way. Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas everyone.
    Jimmy

7. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Ah. Sounds like the good old Flexi 6.6 curse. Yep, it usually will not run on WindowsXP. Gotta have 7.