• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi is printing all black inked sheets, no graphics.

PMDLLC

I setup new file, save or choose an old file. Not from production manager. File shows fine in Fkexi 19...I place new elements or modify an old one with new contour cut lines and perf cuts onto art then send to plotter. When it starts printing it just prints an all black page with no art, no barcode marks, Nothing just a big sheet of black ink. I have tried deleting my printer and adding it back. Seems to help. Yet days later same thing. I use a Canon Pro 4000. Any feedback would help. Thanks, all.

Reveal1

Strange. This is a guess; You didn't say if you imported the file into Flexi Design from another app like AI or Corel, but if you did you might be printing an object that isn't showing in Flexi or some other anomaly exists because of an import issue.

PMDLLC

The files are all Flexi files Reveal1. Either Flexi or transparent PNG files. It has happened with same file that printed okay once before. Saved, closed Flexi. Went back in later on and there goes this black printing. Hmmmmm. Awaiting to hear back from SAI.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
Occasionally we have that problem as well. When we have a file with a bitmap, lets say a photo we are using for a post up, sometimes that bitmap will print as a black rectangle. haven't figured out why yet, happens sometimes on multiple computers and flexi setups. If it happens to us we rasterize the entire file into a bitmap and print it with no issues. I also believe that it happens more frequently with larger (in memory terms) files. If SAi gives you an answer please post as i would be interested to know as well. But as I said before, if we rasterize the file before printing we have no issues.

PMDLLC

Yes it is an oddity. bowtievega. Especially, when same file printed okay and now the blackness. Once I ran a job thinking I was printing okay til I walked over to printer and found a black bleed sheet of 17x10ft. I was baffled and to know my ink waste and media. Hopefully, I hear back from SAI soon.