• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi/LXi cannot get past "Characterization" tab in Color Profiler

Saturn

Aging Member
Flexi/LXi, cannot get past the "Characterization" tab in Color Profiler.

Recently picked up a used X-Rite i1Pro2 that seems low-miles and passes it's own diagnostics. Intention is to build a few complete profiles for my ValueJet using the LXi 12 Color Profiler. i1 seems to be scanning and working fine, getting ink limits and linearization down pat, but when I get to the "Characterization" tab/page the only option thing that isn't grayed out is the option to import a 3rd party ICC.

If you're familiar with Flexi's Color Profiler the Characterization tab is similar to the Linearization tab and starts off with choosing and calibrating your measurement device. Unlike the Linearization tab this is now grayed out for me, along with any option to print targets/swatches.

I'm hopeful that I'm just overlooking something less than obvious... I've tried hardware restarts and creating new profiles with various different settings but nothing seems to jostle that option for Characterization. What am I missing? Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Saturn

Aging Member
Flexi LXi is a stripped down version from Signwarehouse. Please look at their website to see the options breakdown table which shows the profiling engine is not part of the package and only optional in one https://www.signwarehouse.com/lxi-vinyl-cutting-software

Thanks DTP2! I'm using RIP 12, which according to the breakdown on that website is the most full-featured for what I'm doing with it. The only thing I see that might be the issue is for "Color Profiling Module" under Color Management rather than an obvious yes/no (X) it is listed as "opt". Will have to get on the horn with them and see what "opt" mean$. Seems peculiar that the color profiler would be in there, nearly fully functional, but then inhibited at the final stages with no obvious path to upgrade. :(

Appreciate the insights.

Saturn

Aging Member
For future searchers -- SignWarehouse says their RIP (LXI RIP 12) can't do it, so an upgrade to Flexi Sign & Print 12 would be necessary. I guess this is the "optional module" route mentioned in their specs/marketing ?