Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi - LXi Outline Welding Help Issue Please

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by SignTech, Apr 16, 2008.

1. SignTech

SignTech Guest

I have a font that does NOT come in bold.

So to bold the font in Flexi/LXi I added a slight outline. When I attempt to compound or weld ... it just does not happen no matter what I do.

Fred suggested I creation the font to outlines and then add the outline and weld the two together with the same color. I tried that and no luck.

I need the outline welded because I prefer to not have the outline show in the cut vinyl.

I have attached a picture of what I mean. Anyone familiar with this welding procedure? There has to be a way. I weld objects all the time, just not fonts.

Thanks .......... ~M

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Big House Signs

Big House Signs Active Member

Jul 23, 2007
    after you make the outline...go to effects and seperate the outlines, then delete the letters, keeping the outline

3. SignTech

SignTech Guest

WOW ......... you rock! That was so easy ....... I am going to take the rest of afternoon off!

Thanks! Mike