• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi not printing Cyan...

Kwiksigns

wookie
So...

We recently purchased FlexiPRO 8.6v2 (previously owned) so I could use our newly purchased Graphtec FC8000-130 to use for contour.

So here lies my problem...

When I print from the new flexi, all the colors hit perfectly on the color strip on the right but the actual image being printed is lacking cyan completely.

I don't know if this is a simple button I missed or what. I will get a picture when I have time. Onyx RIP prints everything perfect and FlexiPRO 8.1v1 prints everything fine too.

I am running a HP Designjet 9000s. Let me know if you have any ideas of a fix or if I left something out... I need to go get a coffee still...

Thanks,
Phil

Steph_Stamm

Hey Phil, if you're using the Flexi 8.1 profile in 8.6, you might want to try converting it to the latest profile type.

1. From Production Manager v8.1, File > Export Preset.
2. Select the preset (profile) you're using.
3. Now in PM v8.6, Setup > Color Profiler > Convert Legacy Preset button.
4. In Flexi 8.6, select this converted profile in the Color Management tab of Job Properties and see if the color improves.

Kwiksigns

wookie
Hey Phil, if you're using the Flexi 8.1 profile in 8.6, you might want to try converting it to the latest profile type.

1. From Production Manager v8.1, File > Export Preset.
2. Select the preset (profile) you're using.
3. Now in PM v8.6, Setup > Color Profiler > Convert Legacy Preset button.
4. In Flexi 8.6, select this converted profile in the Color Management tab of Job Properties and see if the color improves.

I am actually trying to use the Profiles from 8.6. That is the whole thing. I guess I will try what you are suggesting just to see if it works at all... But then I would have to delete all the profiles that came with FlexiPRO 8.6 and that just doesn't seem logical to me.