• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi or Adobe?

mgieske

We do mostly digital work (wraps & banners,) & use primarily Photoshop & illustrator for everything. RIP is done through Versaworks on our XC540.

Anyone find an advantage in using Flexi Pro in the process? I'm considering buying the software & am hoping for some input. We also have an old Signlab license for our plotter, which could use a little improvement.

ammdrew

flexi is good for the combo, horrible for image work. you could use both . combo cutting setup is better in flexi then in illistrator. Photoshop works with large digital images much better. Versaworks is better for the rip.

OADesign

IMO FLexi has some advantages and disadvantages. Its really subjective.
I think the fact that illys art board is limited to 227.54" x 227.54" is a pain. But some don't mind working in scale. that doesn't work for me. Flexi had a darn near unlimited art area (or at least i have not found it yet). Flexi's node/path editing tools are again IMO head and shoulders above those of illy. I'm sure many will disagree but its all opinion.
As far as the digital stuff goes I can't think of many benefits you will see for the work your doing in flexi. It may even prove to be more of a head ache as the way flexi manages color is MUCH different then adobe and VeraWorks (though Flexi can be tweaked). Unless you have 4k burnin' a hole in your pocket or just so busy that 4k is not a hard cost for you, I would hold off.

my 3 cents.