• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Premium questions

r2prints

Hi all, a few quick questions about upgrading to Flexi Premium from starter for HP. (Using an HP 310)

I love the idea of streamlining my workflow, since right now I use Illy, Photoshop, and WinPlot simultaneously. As everyone knows, time is money, and I feel like I am wasting a lot of time trying to do everything manually.

I do a lot of print and cut, mainly motorsports graphics with the occasional run of die cuts for small businesses.

1. My main question is what is Flexi's definition of "Nesting"? The material I use for motorsports graphics is expensive, so utilizing as much material and cutting down on waste would be a huge help. I currently have to group my separate clipping mask pieces, and rotate them to fit within each other and on my print sheet that I have sized for my Summa cutter. This takes a lot of time, so having the ability to one-click and nest all the objects as closely together as possible would be the deal maker for me!

2. Would I lose any accuracy using Flexi's print&cut system as opposed to cutting through WinPlot? Not crazy important as I use bleeds, but just curious.

3. Lastly, I will be trying my hand at getting into vehicle wraps for local businesses in the Summer as motorsports graphics demand dies down around that time. Does the Premium version come with all the bells and whistles to achieve a decent wrap workflow? (Tiling and such?)

Would love to hear from actual users that might have had the same obstacles! Thanks everyone.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
1. Nesting works, most of the time.
2. I assume you mean contour cutting. Works as well as you can set it up. Depends on the plotter in part.
3. Tiling is pretty simple and works well for me. You can set your tiles size, turn on and off what tiles print, set the overlap, etc. Pretty standard.

r2prints

1. Nesting works, most of the time.
2. I assume you mean contour cutting. Works as well as you can set it up. Depends on the plotter in part.
3. Tiling is pretty simple and works well for me. You can set your tiles size, turn on and off what tiles print, set the overlap, etc. Pretty standard.

Perfect, thanks!