• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi print HELP!!

4R Graphics

Ok,
I just bought a used printer it is a JV3 160 S it has a triangle ink (JVS solvent ink) bulk ink system and the guy gave me flexi 8 with it and I know nothing about printing. I bought the printer because it was a great deal and I want to start printing myself and stop sending them out.

Ok first problem it is printing VERY dark.
Second problem nothing is calibrated.
Third problem have no idea what all the input output profiles stuff that I have read here in the searches.
Basically could someone explain to me how to get the monitor to look as close to the printer as possible and what should I design in RGB, CMYK, etc..
I am using flexi and illustrator for vector design and I am using Photoshop for raster.
How do i set up photoshop to design so that what I see is good when I open in flexi or just production manager and rip it and then get it to print looking the same.
I read here in a search about the microdot option but that option is not available in my flexi I do have an option for print dot size which I assume is the same but it only has 2 options 1 or 2 thats what it says so I have no idea what they mean.
I got no books with this printer and flexi.
I got a cd with all the service and user manuals and driver for the printer but got nothing for Flexi.

All help is greatlly appreciated.
As I said above totally new to printing so I have no Idea about anything so please try and explain to me how to set up photoshop, flexi, illustrator and my monitor to be able to print what I see and not have dark prints and by dark I mean everything seems to have black mixed in so its like going into photshop and turning down the brightness the colors are there but its dark.
I do not have one of those color readers for calibrating so I will have to do prints and eyeball it for now. i will buy one in the near future and when I get some of this stuff figured out i will do a true calibration of everything and possibly tweak profiles but for now I just what it to beeyeball close and stop being dark.

Thank you signs 101 it has been a true blessing to find this forum.