• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Pro 10.1 crashing when trying to send cut file

TDFcustomSL

HELP PLEASE, SOMEONE, ANYONE!!!! I few nights ago i did a contour cut on my cutter with no issues. Now tonight I am trying to cut out some race car numbers and every time i click the cutter icon in flexi to open up the cut/plot box to send it to production manager I get a message that says "An unknown failure has occurred. It is recommended that you restart the application". I click ok, it opens up the save box to save whatever I had open then after Flexi closes a box pops up and says "An unrecoverable system error has occured". I have tried sending different cut files with no luck. I even tried to send just a basic square and circle with the same outcome. Printing is working fine but for some reason it will not let me cut anything without Flexi crashing. Anyone have any ideas? I really dont want to have to re install it AGAIN (this would be the 3rd time) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: If i open Flexi, and close it without doing anything at all I still get the unrecoverable system error message.

What type of printer and rip software are using??
Your rip software might just need an update. Just went through the same thing. We were using flexi 8.1 with mimaki and rasterlink 4.7. But now have upgraded to Flexi 12 so we could rip directly and that solved every issue we ever had. Along with the GREAT Tech SUPPORT of Beacon Graphics NJ. Hats off to there techs!!!

floater302

Try reinstalling your cutter, if that doesnt work you might have to reinstall flexi, I love my flexi but somedays its a pain in my a**.

Yep. Reinstall both cutter software and flexi.
Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's what my tech guy said would be the least painfull. Just make sure you backup all files first. Been through this many times.
Also if you know anyone else w flexi see if you could get him/her to try and open the file first. It might be some bug in your design as well.
Regardless, I would definitely uninstall and reinstall the driver for the cutter. Make sure it has been completely removed before you reinstall or it will overwrite and cause more issues.
Hope this helps!!
Let us know the outcome please!

TDFcustomSL

Thanks for the replies. I ended up installing windows updates on the computer last night when i left the computer. Came back tonight to a message saying updates couldnt be installed and it was undoing the updates. This screen was on the computer for over 2 hours. I ended up digging out my old computer that i started with when i got my printer. After letting it update since its been off for 2 years, i was able to use it to get cut out what i needed to. I havent been able to try my good computer since the USB dongle key is in the old computer while i finish printing and cutting with it. If the windows and adobe update didnt fix it ill uninstall everything. One thing i did notice that was odd with flexi last night, and im not sure this will have anything to do with the problem, but if i opened flexi and went to open a file, it ALWAYS brought me to an "illustrator templates" folder to open a file from. It normally would bring up my photos file. Also, whenever i went to save something when the program crashed it would bring up that same "illustrator templates" folder.