• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Pro 8.5v2 to 8.6 upgrade?

meltsner

We're running Flexi Pro 8.5v2 at the moment and were thinking about upgrading to Flexi 10, as one of the companies we buy from has an excellent price right now. BUT.... the upgrade (at the special price) is for 8.6 users, though we can see it they'll take 8.5 as well.

So my question is....is there a big difference in 8.5v2 and 8.6, and where do I download it/upgrade it? Their download library (SAIntl) has no downloads like that available.

Thanks.

DPSS

You can surely get the upgrade from your distributor. And if that fails, try calling SAI.

Incidentally, I'm looking forward to everyone's response on Flexi 10 and whether or not it is a meaningful upgrade.

meltsner

Thank you much.....we'll have to see what they say, though I really can't see it will be a problem. I was just wondering what the version differences were.

I was wondering too what everyone's opinion is of 10. With all the trouble I'm having with 8.5, it is probably worth upgrading, and will probably do that in the "near" future.

Idea Design

I never bothered to get the free 8.6 upgrade until recently when I had a communication problem between my wife's new Win7 x64 machine and FlexiPRO 8.5.

My distributor referred me to a free download of 8.6 and all my communication problems went away. (Thanks Keith and Santiago from SW)

I don't really use Flexi for anything other than importing Illustrator and Photoshop files, and controlling my printer and cutters.

meltsner

Thanks for the comments. Really the only thing I use Flexi for is for the same -- importing my files from Corel and just using it as the RIP/cutter controller.

We'll see how Flexi 10 works out, hopefully it'll cut the cake. :wink:

Sign Eagle

We use Flexi 8.6 Pro and aseperate design station, love the program except it doesn't always import PDF file correctly. We usually import PDF thru Photoshop and save as a PS file then import to Flexi to Rip and print. Does anybody know if Flexi 10 does a better job of importing PDF's? We also have Inspire, a predecessor to Flexi, which has better digitizing capabilities.