• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Problem - Please help!

Anyone have an icc profile for Flexi 8.5 Printing on a Mutoh Outdoor for Solvex Econo Cal Gloss?
I tried downloading the one from Fellers which is a ptf and I tried doing a legacy conversion to it. It does the conversion but for some reason when I try to add it to the print profile Flexi keeps popping it back to Oracal profile.
Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

iSign

where did you buy your printer?
Do they offer you support?

I use flexi, but I run a mimaki. Advantage has supplied me with all my profiles & has given me all the info I've needed to load them & revise them when I've purchased Flexi upgrades from them. As a result, I haven't memorized the process, nor do I know if it would be the same for your setup, although it might.

The only thing I do recall, is that loading a new profile is less like dragging and dropping one new file into some correct folder... and more like "installing" a font with a proper procedure slightly more complicated then dragging and dropping... not a lot more, only slightly more... but I forget what it was. I actually think there might be 2 files that work together for installing profiles, and not just one... but I'm not sure.

Anyway, good luck, and if someone out there is making money off selling you all your inks & media (or your printer)... make sure they are willing to help you, or switch to someone who will!

Thanks for your advise. The printer is an older unit and no longer under warranty. I purchase my supplies from a few different suppliers so I will need to make a few calls. I know that the ptf file needs to be changed to an icc which I can do with the legacy converter that was supplied with Flexi but for some reason I cant get Flexi to see the icc profile.
Anyone else have any suggestions?
Thanks

racerxmccoy

I'm having the same issue!!!

Thanks for your advise. The printer is an older unit and no longer under warranty. I purchase my supplies from a few different suppliers so I will need to make a few calls. I know that the ptf file needs to be changed to an icc which I can do with the legacy converter that was supplied with Flexi but for some reason I cant get Flexi to see the icc profile.
Anyone else have any suggestions?
Thanks

I'd love to know if you were able to find the answer to this....I'm having the same issue and its driving me nuts!