• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Production Manager 10.5 Does not Allow Nesting Sometimes

Does anyone experience times when the RIP will not allow nesting of certain jobs in the queu with no explanation??? When multiple jobs are selected it usually activates the nesting function button on the rip and other times it just doesn't become an active option despite the usefulness of the option...

Ponto

.....long time VersaWorks user and now work with Flexi / Production Manager (new job - long story) and I want to rip my eyes from their sockets.......

-------:frustrated:---------

JP

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You have to make sure the job properties are the same for each job to be nested.
Things like material size etc, what trips me up a lot is the quality setting for gradients.
Even if one or more of the sub jobs does not have any gradients the setting still has to match.
Any one thing can cause it to not nest.
Easy way to do this is set up and save a basic preset and apply it to all the sub jobs you want to nest. Once they are nested you can override the parameters at the top to the settings you want.
I am at version 8.6 but this should still apply to v10.
Flexi seems to be really sloppily put together but it runs my printer and guess that is as good as it is going to get.

wayne k
guam usa

jayhawksigns

Also, don't rip anything that you want to nest until you nest them first. Had plenty of issues trying to nest things that don't think they needed to be ripped together. Sometimes there doesn't appear to be any reason for it not working.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations - I now nest everything first and then select each piece individually for any other modification within the nested job. This appears to help although it is irritating to not have more advanced tiling options within the nested jobs.....ahhh well thanks again!